Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Introducing My Corgis


This is Saphira Wigglesworth.  You can call her Saphira.  She is a 6 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi and was my first dog that I raised from puppyhood.  Really, I think she was my first dog.  She is terribly smart and knows all the best ways to manipulate people into doing her bidding.  It's hard to say no to that sweet face.  She's on a doggy diet right now and I know she is not happy about that since she is quite food-driven.




This is Sasha Ursa.  She is four years old and is also a Pembroke Welsh Corgi.  She is a cuddler and can be quite jealous if you are petting another dog and not her.  She's also got a bark that can pierce your eardrums.  You can't even talk over her barks.  Fall is by far her favorite time of year.  She loves leaf piles and hunkering down in them pretending she is invisible.  Then she races around like a crazy dog.  I can't help but wonder what she's thinking.  Maybe she's plotting to knock me down and bury me in the leaf pile?



Sasha and Saphira were not too happy this summer when we decided to keep them in the fenced area of the yard while having a cookout with many guests.  I have a feeling we'll be paying for this insult for quite a while.  They have really perfected the sad dog look.

No matter what I'm doing in the house, Sasha has to keep an eye on you.  You might trip and fall and she might be able to force you to pet her then.  Or you could drop something yummy on the floor.  Here she is lurking outside the kitchen door on high alert.   She's also got the knack of being in the way no matter what you are doing.  Again, I think it's the hope that she can either get you to pet her or feed her something good.





Now that you've met my sweet and too smart dogs, I will continue to post more about them as time allows.  I'll share some puppy pictures, videos, and funny stories from my experience with these little buggers.  Ah yes, I do love them, but there are days that I can't help but wonder what I've gotten myself into!

No comments: